Dear Friends, as you know, due to the COVID-19 crisis, we were temporarily closed.
Per the governor’s directive (see below) we will now be able to open for very limited safe, no contact deliveries.
Please note the following:
1. Our first priority will be the safety of our staff members and delivery associates. We will only have one employee on the premises at a time per the state guidelines. That will mean severely limited availability, though we will work staggered shifts to produce as much as possible to serve our clients.
2. All deliveries will be no contact. They will left with the doorman, or set in front of the door. Please consider leaving a tip in an envelope for the delivery person - they are working hard in stressful times.
3. We will only deliver in Manhattan until further notice. (Note: if you place an order for delivery in Brooklyn or Queens, understand that we will send as soon as we are able).
4. We will offer orders for pick up at our door. You your representative may ring our doorbell and the order will be brought to you.
5. All floral arrangements will be designer’s choice, meaning that there will be substitutions made to accommodate our limited supply chain. That said, we will only send out what meets our Élan high standards. We are well known for our quality products and we will not lower our standards during this difficult time.
6. Your order supports not only our staff members and their families, but the workers in New York’s beloved Floral District, our vendors and suppliers. On behalf of our family and our Élan Flowers team, we offer a heartfelt Thank You for supporting small businesses everywhere.
Patrick and Christine Hall
Owners - Élan Flowers
New York State issued additional guidance on Friday that allows non-essential retail establishments (as defined by the Empire State Development Corporation) to fulfill delivery orders placed remotely via phone or online. Please note that only one employee may be physically present at the business location to fulfill orders.